The greater part of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages (SERPS). To take benefit of this and gain visitors to your web site or consumers to your online store, your website needs to appear in one of the top positions.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good quality SEO practices get better the user experience and usability of a web site.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top ranking for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site's faith.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to encourage it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- Website optimization is imperative for the smooth running of a major site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is boost in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO can put you ahead of the rivalry. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.